ESPN LAS VEGAS NBA FANTASY CONTEST
No Purchase or obligation necessary to win
Registration: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 – Thursday, January 23, 2020
Requirements: entrants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid Nevada Driver’s License or Government Issued photo Identification Card, and a valid social security number.
Prizes: First place winner will receive $250, 2nd place winner will receive $100, and 3rd place will receive $50. All cash prizes provided by Nova Home Loans for promotional purposes
HOW TO ENTER/WIN:
To participate, listeners must do the following:
- Complete Yahoo Fantasy rules are available at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-basketball
- From Wednesday, January 15, 2020 – Wednesday, January 22, 2020 listeners will be instructed to be a specific numbered caller at 702 364 1100 to win spot in a private NBA Fantasy league on Yahoo Fantasy. A Total of Thirteen (13) winners will get a team, and one (1) league team will be used by the Cofield and Company show to participate in the league.
- Everyone who was awarded a spot in the league on the air must attend the official Draft Party at Pizza Rock at Green Valley Ranch to draft their team beginning at 7 pm on Thursday, January 23rd, 2020. If all 13 winners selected on air do not attend the draft party, the number of teams in the league will be limited to the teams present at the draft party. The draft party will be conducted following all rules published by Yahoo Fantasy. Each participant will be given a $25 Pizza Rock gift Card provided by Pizza Rock for promotional purposes.
- League standings will be tabulated and points awarded to league teams by Yahoo Fantasy following all rules as published by Yahoo Fantasy.
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 will be the final day of games of the Fantasy Season.
- On Thursday, April 16, 2020 winners will be determined when the final league scores are posted by Yahoo Fantasy. The Cofield and Company team standing will not be included in the rankings when determining winners.
- In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined using the Yahoo Fantasy league tie breaking procedure as follows:
- A) Rounded figures- Percentage-based stats (like batting averages) show as rounded to the hundredth or thousandth decimal point in the interface.
(B) Breaking a tie – Yahoo tracks the actual figures behind the scenes and uses these to identify a winner when the rounded number is a tie. Any time a category is won using this tie breaking method, an asterisk shows by the winner’s stat.
- Winners will be notified by phone and/or email
- The contest is open to listeners of the Station who are 21 years of age and older.
- Employees of Lotus Broadcasting and its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Las Vegas, NV metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest. For purposes of this contest, immediate family members means spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by Lotus Broadcasting.
5 If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of Lotus Broadcasting if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by Lotus Broadcasting, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Lotus Broadcasting and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation. By entering this contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the contest.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
- Lotus Broadcasting retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, Lotus Broadcasting reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in contests.
- Lotus Broadcasting, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, Lotus Broadcasting, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of Lotus Broadcasting and will not be returned.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Lotus Broadcasting has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Lotus Broadcasting. its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and any other promotional parties will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of Lotus Broadcasting, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, Lotus Broadcasting may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by Lotus Broadcasting in lieu of the Prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, a contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of a contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the control which corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Lotus Broadcasting reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest at their sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Lotus Broadcasting reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Copies of contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of Lotus Broadcasting located at 8755 West Flamingo RD, Las Vegas, NV., 89147. Copies of contest rules may also be made available on station website and during on-site / in-person remote events.